At my new job, I have the great privilege of building relationships with content creators (aka influencers). I’ve been there roughly two months, and I’m very thankful for the lessons already learned. (It’s the perfect “behind the scenes” role I mentioned here.)
Recently, I came across the bio of a new blogger. In the first few lines, she mentioned the inspiration of her mother, who passed away earlier this year from West Nile Virus. It was Valentine’s Day.
This struck me for many reasons. 1) I could tell the genuine spirit behind the relationship with her mom and how her memory fuels everything she does. 2) I have a close relationship with my mom, and my birthday is Valentine’s Day.
All of this caused me to ask, “Do I take the time to pause and let people know who much they mean to me? Do I let people into my life? Do I take time to thank God for the many blessings He’s provided, even in the difficult times?”
I’d like to think the answer is mostly “Yes!” However, I do want to thank you all for the many ways you’ve impacted my life over the past few months, especially as I’ve jumped back into the content game.
I’M THANKFUL FOR //
- My job and my new coworkers.
- My church family at Redeemer Lincoln Square.
- My family, who supported me during a summer of immense uncertainty.
- My roommates and neighbors.
- The guys in my Community Group.
- The guys who gather regularly on Saturday mornings to pray.
- Jesus, who’s provided just what I needed right when I needed it, even when I didn’t know that’s what was needed.
I’M HOPEFUL FOR //
- A new season to seek the plans of the Lord.
- A new space to share hopes and dreams with others.
- Opportunities to grow in creative skills and endeavors.
- A time when pain is over, and we seek the peace and prosperity of all people.
- Times to share the good news of Jesus with the world.
- A spouse to partner alongside me in city ministry.
- Times to explore the majesty and splendor this world that God created.